Thursday, July 23, 2009

G-Walk, bitch!


Looks like I forgot the scale...let's just say one of those numbers is about the size of a classroom building.

I had a lot of shit to do today. I have no bike and no car, so I had to walk everywhere today. Let me tell you something. Living in Williamsburg sucks for many reasons, and one that I might not have mentioned is the fact that it's hot and humid all the time. It started raining today while it was still sunny and hot as shit. What the fuck. Anyway, there's not much more for me to say here, and I'll give an explanation for each leg of the journey.

  • Home (X) to Swem Library (2), 2.39 miles. I skipped 1 because that's how I roll, aka I forgot to take that measurement. I just added them together. I went to the Bursar's Office (1) to ask about my bill - got that question answered real quick. I went to Swem and got on the computer because I still had like 30 minutes before I needed to be around for the filming.
  • Swem to Campus Center (3), 0.59 mile. Got to the Campus Center to film educational videos right at 1pm, was told that I would be a runner and that filming would begin in a dorm room.
  • Campus Center to Jamestown Hall (4), 0.25 mile. Dorm. First group of scenes.
  • Jamestown Hall to University Center (5), 0.5 mile. Tried to find a good place to film a running scene; that was the best one. Ran back and forth about 10 times. Fucked up lines twice. I had the sheet in front of me.
  • University Center to Post Office (6), 0.67 mile. Picked up money orders and stamps to pay the bills. 50% of the people in there were eligible for the AARP. Went pretty fast though.
  • Post Office to Williamsburg Public Library (7), 0.2 mile. Applied for community service.
  • Williamsburg Public Library to Swem (8), 0.71 mile. Found a place to sit down and use the computer while I was filling out the money orders and envelopes and shit.
  • Swem to Post Office (9), 0.97 mile. Dropping them off in the actual post office to make sure they get picked up today.
  • USPS to Bloom (10) back home, 1.79 miles. Finally, at 4:34, I head home. But I need a fucking 40 for my efforts, so I stop at Bloom, and just carry it home from there. Then I walk inside and realize that I can still catch the repeat of SportsNation and I decide that it's a pretty good day after all.

Total distance traveled (estimate): 8.02 miles

Damn.



Twitter icon Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

1 comment:

Hassan said...

hahah this is a great post; you need to "invest' in a bike, and by that I mean go steal someone'w