Saturday, March 21, 2009

Freed Gucci Mane


(Don't mind the white hands.)

I know I'm about a week late, but...
GUCCI MANE IS FREE. GUCCI MANE IS FREE. GUCCI MANE IS FREE. You have no idea how excited I was to hear this news. Of course, he threw a party and had a concert the day he got out, and he was in the studio within hours of that ending, and has pretty much been in the studio, walking to the studio, or thinking about when he's going to the studio for the past week. There's a billion hip-hop blogs talking about the facts behind his release, so if you want that shit, go read those blogs. Right now, I'm about to make this post all about me.
Here's some of what I was doing while Gucci Mane was in jail.

Listening habits (in the past 6 months):

Artists -
Gucci Mane - 863 listens
Shawty Lo - 268
T-Pain - 259
Yo Gotti - 390
OJ Da Juiceman - 307
Plies - 144
Gorilla Zoe - 132
Lil Wayne - 100
Rocko - 88
Young Jeezy - 81
J-Money - 70
Young Dro & Yung LA - 68
I'm not a very diverse music listener, but I am changing slowly. Anyway, let's go to the top 500 tracks.
Let's not.

In my top 50 songs in the past 6 months, Gucci Mane appears in 19 of them. Yo Gotti appears in less than that (about 10 less).
I could go on and on with this statistical shit, but I won't. All I wanted to show is that even though I said Yo Gotti was going to be my favorite rapper until Gucci Mane got out, Gucci Mane continued to release mixtapes, and so it's like he was never gone. I think it might have been all for hype - maybe like a hoax to get his buzz up. We'll just have to see, won't we? Maybe I'll blog about it.


*To tell the truth, I really just wrote this blog so I could put the terrible picture up.


Twitter icon Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

No comments: