Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Paying Attention During Class



She's got the right idea.

Here I am, 15 minutes before the end of class, doing nothing but blogging. I ran out of shit to do on the internet, and there's no way in hell I'm gonna pay attention in this class. I tried that, and I almost fell out of my chair. (I did get some notes, but they looked a lot like volcanoes and pictures of aliens with beards.) Drawing picutres in your notebook gets really old really fast though, especially when you're as bad at drawing as I am. So you bring your computer, and you say, "This'll give me something to do for the next hour and twenty minutes. This'll keep me awake." Shit like that sounds like it makes sense, but only to a point. There's only so many exclusive hip hop song blogs you can look at, so many bitches to ogle, so many YouTube videos to watch on silent, so many stories on espn.com about how great the Cowboys are (FUCK THEM), and it goes on. Those will take you to about the 45 minute mark. In a 50 minute class, that's perfect. NOT in an 80 minute class. You still have 35 minutes to kill. So what the FUCK do you do?

Maybe you start playing online games. That addictinggames.com shit. But I really don't have the patience, and I have a feeling that your teacher will know you're playing one of those racing games when you're pounding the R key and holding down the right arrow key to hit that perfect slide. That's not for me. I tried it, but Blitz 2001 is really a pretty big investment when it comes to paying atttention.

Maybe you check your e-mail. But unless you're the CEO of General Mills, you're not gonna have anything important in your inbox. There's a club meeting today, I knew that already. "Son, when's your next break." You can reply to that in 5 seconds. "Friday, Dad." And I'd love to add, "And oh yeah, I'm writing this to you during class, because I'd rather not pay attention to my teacher."

I'm so tired of this blog right here that I can't even blog about how to waste time - to waste time. I'm done with it. 5 minutes left in class - time to catch some Z's.



Twitter icon Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

No comments: