Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Day 2008


This was after a touchdown, so they should be happy. Whoops, now it's 60-7.

The original point of the blog was to talk about things that get too much credit when they deserve none, but that hasn't been enforced very well. Anyway, let's get back to things that suck. The Lions. They laid a very large egg, like one of those ostrich ones that makes an omelet the size of Bhutan. But it's more than that. I could talk shit about them all day, and I wouldn't be the only one. I also wouldn't be the first one. There's no reason to beat up on the Lions, because 12 teams have already done that. (The Redskins didn't really beat them up.) If it were like Mortal Kombat or one of those games, both teams would have been really close to the end of that health bar, but the Redskins got in one more pussy kick.

Anyway...the Titans-Lions game wasn't the only awful Thanksgiving Day game. Matta fact, none of them were good. Here's the scoreboard.

47-10 (37 point difference), 34-9 (25 point difference - this was the "close" game), 48-20 (28 point difference).

I don't even care who scored what and which game was which - the point is that there were three games, three chances to get a good game, and they failed miserably every time. FUCK THAT SHIT.

I don't want to whine, but I will anyway.

TEN 47, DET 10. I hated that game and Detroit should never have a game ever again. The Lions are almost undoubtedly the worst team in football and sports altogether - ever. Ever. There's not much more to say about that. They suck and it's gonna be a LONG, LONG time before they don't suck anymore. That game should have been moved to Sunday, November Nevereth. That game was over before it started, except instead of being over, there was still 3 hours of football left. That game was puke on TV. For the first time in recent memory, I changed the channel during Thanksgiving Day. Hopefully it doesn't happen again, because I felt kinda unmanly when I did that.

DAL 34, SEA 9. The nailbiter of a game. Dallas is good and it makes me kinda angry because I like the Redskins, who don't like winning games until they absolutely have to. I think that time starts about now. This game wasn't good, but not because the Seahawks were godawful. It was because Dallas played well, and that might be even worse than Seattle being Lionesque, which they weren't. Dallas is good, but as far as I'm concerned, they still suck, and Tony Romo is the worst quarterback ever to wear an NFL jersey. This guy makes Kyle Orlovsky look like Steve Young on PCP with only the good effects, like thinking you can fly and being able to kill five cops with a flick of the wrist. No more talking about Dallas - if you want more Dallas talk, go watch ESPN for about 3 minutes - they'll mention the Cowboys at least twice in that time. Two down, one to go. This next game should be great. One problem - it's not on TV, unless you have something better than standard cable.

PHI 48, ARZ 20. Has to watch this online, because we don't have that channel (NFL Network). Whatever, it's not a problem, at least I can see clips of a game that won't get as ugly as the first two.

21-0.

That's when I said it wasn't even worth watching the commentary. I turned off the stream of the game and watched VH1 for the rest of the night. The highpoint of the game was some douche sideline reporter dancing while he didn't know he was on camera. That made me chuckle. Then I saw the score and I stopped chuckling real fast and started sobbing a little bit, because that was the end of Thanksgiving Day 2008 in the NFL, and it was straight trash homie.

All in all, today (Sunday, or maybe early Monday morning right now) almost made up for everything, because there were teams capable of putting up fights against the teams they played.

------

Currently listening to: DJ Saint 22 & Gucci Mane - Trap Dedication
Currently watching: One of the Star Wars movies. Actually, I just stopped watching. Just now.


Twitter icon Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

No comments: