Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Pre-Prepared Meal

If you're wondering what happened, I was involved in a minor crash that turned major when I realized that the part I fucked up was worth almost as much as the car. That meant that that car was T-O-T-A-L-E-D...totaled. No big story, it was my fault, I wasn't aware of my surroundings, I ran a stop sign that I thought wasn't there, and BANG!!! $600 (towing fees) gone. New car fees (otherwise known as the cost) to be determined. Thankfully, my parents see what I'm going through, they realize that I've been working hard, and they plan on helping me get a new one. They know that I'm not gonna fuck up for a long time, probably not again for as long as I'm supported by them. That's the story. And so as I move away from the fast food and toward the frozen foods aisle (Budget Gourmet is CLUTCH) thanks to my new money situation, I bring a new piece of hype that I never expected to report on.

Pre-prepared food - it's ALL HYPE.

In these last 10 days, I've learned that cooking yourself costs a lot less than buying anything else, which is what I need to survive these last few weeks before school. A pound of ground beef is about $3. 4 burgers are probably around $4-6. Fuck that, I'll cook myself. (The buns are like $1 at most) TV dinners can be really cheap too. Canned food can be cheap. Store brands are extremely cheap (you try finding 3 liters of soda (about 9 cans, over 5 20-ounces) for $1.)

I digress - well not really, but it gets repetitive.

Sure, there are times when you don't have the time to make a meal.. Also, it's pretty damn hard to make a Spicy Chicken Soft Taco unless you carry an army of spices and vegetables. Fast food is clutch when this happens. If you're 5 minutes from your house, though, or you're just at home, or you gotta be somewhere in an hour, cook something your damn self, why don'tcha? It's not that hard. And I'll tell you, going through the drive-thru is nice for that few minutes, and waiting in that line is nice because you smell all that food, but when you finish cooking a meal and you look at what you've done, I think that's a great feeling.

Twitter icon Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

No comments: